About transparency

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sun Nov 7 11:21:47 CET 2004

Hey all,

I just enabled transparency in the iconbox, so it acts the same way as
the panel. That seems to work very nicely. For me ;-)

However, I still worry a bit about it. Should there be a way to turn off
transparency? I can think of several things:

1) Do nothing. If composite is enabled, you get transparency, no
questions asked.

2) Add configure option --disable-transparancy. Should be fairly easy to do.

3) Add run-time option --disable-transparancy. Probably about the same
amount of work as 2).

4) Add a hidded config file ~/.config/xfce4/transparency:
    panel=on
    iconbox=off

What do you think?

	Jasper