Common gotchas upgrading from 4.0 -> 4.2

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sat Nov 6 10:31:23 CET 2004

On 11/06/04 09:59, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> >>I've been thinking of this lately, and I came up with a rather brutal
> >>solution: Why not dropping SVG support unless explicitely requested (ie
> >>--enable-svg=yes)
> >>
> >>/me hides from the flame war :)
> >>

> >Hmm, how about we install a Rodent and a Rodent-svg icon theme? The default
> >could still be Rodent and all icons would be found.
> >
> >/me tries to hang on the his beloved svg icons
> >

> Olivier, what do you think about this suggestion? As far as I can see,
> it would make the default situation safe, without losing svg support.

i just committed my icon theme png/svg preference code, and as a side-effect,
also committed my new runtime detection for SVG.  personally, i think this
is sufficient, as it _definitely_ will not return SVG icons if gdk-pixbuf
doesn't support SVG.  someone just needs to make up a less-complicated icon
for the test, and commit it over top libxfcegui4/pixmaps/xfce-svg-test.svg.
it's revertable if for some reason nobody likes this method, but a) it would
be a hassle, b) i think this is a fine, low-risk solution.  thoughts?

	-brian