Race cond between xfwm4 and xftaskbar4

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Sun May 30 19:53:53 CEST 2004

Olivier wrote:
> Benny,
>
> Ok, I'll apply it. BTW, the session manager crashes badly. I had to log
> on into a console and manually remove the xfsm-session file to recover a
> working setup.
>
> I'm getting a bunch of errors in the log:
>
> libxfcegui4-WARNING **: ICE I/O Error
> libxfcegui4-WARNING **: Disconnected from session manager.
>
> for xfwm4, xftaskbar4 ,etc.
>
> And
>
> ** (xfce4-session:4729): CRITICAL **: file xfsm-util.c: line 144
> (xfsm_start_application): assertion `command != NULL && *command !=
> NULL' failed
>
> The session then dies and I'm returned to the logging screen.

I guess the session file wasn't ok, most probably a client was missing a
RestartCommand. Since this file should only be edited by the session manager,
I had no check for session data loaded from that file. I added that check now,
please check if its still around. And if you - or anybody else - encounters
such a problem the next, please save the session file from
~/.cache/xfce4-session/, start the session manager with XFSM_VERBOSE set and
send both the session file and the file ~/.xfce4-session.verbose-log to
xfce4-dev@ (in addition a backtrace of the crash would also help fixing the
problem).

> Cheers,
> Olivier.