PAnel changes

Francois Le Clainche fleclainche at wanadoo.fr
Wed May 19 10:31:43 CEST 2004

Le mercredi 19 mai 2004 à 00:16, Olivier a écrit:

> Jasper,
>
> I've dropped xinerama support from libxfcegui4 all together.
>
> The panel was still using this impl, so I've changed it to use GdkScreen
> instead.
>
> I've also changed the code so that the existing struts are ignored. This
> is because I think we said the panel should place itself on screen
> edges. Therefore it should ignore other struts (like GNOME panel does).
> I think this is more consistent with what the taskbar does now, and
> somehow less confusing for the user (not to mention it makes the code a
> bit simpler)
>
> I hope you won't mind for these changes to your code.

Hi,

I'm far from being the king of struts, so I ask the question :)

With the current code, using xinerama, even if I use the same
resolution on both screens, I can not place the panel on my right screen1
at all, either at the top or at the bottom of the screen. It stays on my
screen0, where the taskbar also is. Is that the expected behaviour?

Cheers
François
--
Francois Le Clainche - PGP key: http://perso.wanadoo.fr/flc.web/pgp.html