yet another new backdrop settings dialog idea

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Thu May 13 23:26:07 CEST 2004

On Thu, 13 May 2004, John Dee wrote:

> I know this sounds weird and all, but that might be a bit complicated
> for someone not new to xfce, don't you think?

that's the point - i _don't_ think it's all that complicated.  if i did,
i wouldn't have designed it that way.  but i'm not a new user, or
even an average user or, which is why i asked for opinions.

what i really need to know is what you think is complicated about it.
that'll help me in simplifying it and making it more intuitive.

> I use xfce because it's simple. I don't want to click open the
> background settings,then click another tab just to click the images one.
> One dialog should be enough for everything, should it not?

you apparently missed the part where i said i wanted to put them back in
the same tab.  despite that i specifically said that in the paragraph
below the links, and then later described the dialog with the image and
color controls right next to each other.

ah well.

	-brian