XFce Goodies

Matt Lancereau matt at bsd-blax.org
Fri May 7 06:30:49 CEST 2004

On Sun, 2 May 2004, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> Chuck Mead wrote:
>
> > Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> >
> >> yeah, berlios has been somewhat useless lately - i've noticed the
> >> complaints as well.  if auke doesn't mind re: bandwidth (auke?), i
> >> presume we could lazy-mirror (as in, manually mirror when people
> >> complain about missing X version of plugin Y) some or all of the
> >> xfce-goodies on xfce.org until a more permanant solution is decided.
> >
> > Uhm... since I own the bandwidth you should prolly ask me... :-)
>
> noted.
>
> > That said... as long as there is more than one mirror to choose from I
> > do not mind.
>
> awesome.  i'm going to put them up on
> http://xfce.org/~kelnos/mirrors/xfce-goodies/.  no subdirs, just

I've just setup http://matt.nerim.net/xfce-goodies/ , most are the latest
version, just netload and systemload cause ports maintainer from FreeBSD
haven't update 'em yet (I've noticed and sent stuff but nodda ...).

> everything in that directory.  berlios seems to be up for now, so i'll
> start putting them up.  i'll attempt to keep up-to-date with new
> releases of the various plugins, but i'm bound to miss some.  for plugin
> authors, it would be helpful if you could drop me an email
> (kelnos at xfce.org) if you release a new version.
>
> i'm only going to keep the latest versions (with the exception of
> weather plugin, i'll keep 0.2.0 and 0.3.0 since 0.3.0 seems to cause
> crashes for a lot of people, myself included... and i just like 0.2.0
> better).

Fixed here with:

*** panel-plugin/weather.c      Sun Feb 29 22:10:53 2004
--- weather.c   Fri Apr  2 16:00:39 2004
***************
*** 375,380 ****
--- 375,382 ----

  void start_draw_up(xfceweather_data *data) {
          gint width, height;
+               GdkRectangle update_rect = {0, 0, data->drawable_label->allocation.width,
+                         data->drawable_label->allocation.height};

          /* if only one pixmap don't start the callback */
          if (!data->xmldata_pixmaps || data->xmldata_pixmaps->len == 0)
***************
*** 383,391 ****
          if (data->xmldata_pixmaps->len == 1) {
                  data->drawable_pixmap = (GdkPixmap
*)g_ptr_array_index(data->xmldata_pixmaps, 0);
                  data->drawable_offset = 0;
-
-                 GdkRectangle update_rect = {0, 0, data->drawable_label->allocation.width,
-                         data->drawable_label->allocation.height};

                  gtk_widget_draw(data->drawable_label, &update_rect);
                  return;
--- 385,390 ----

>package maintainers: please do not list this as the primary
> site.  only list as a fallback if berlios fails.  and, if there are
> other mirrors, preferably behind those as well.
>
> [time lapse...]
>
> ok, all done.  enjoy ^_^.  i haven't verified these files, so if you
> have a known-good md5sum, it would probably be a good idea to check them
> and let me know if there are any discrepancies.  they should be fine,
> however.
>
>     -brian

name: Matt Lancereau ( aka Blax )
contact: matt(at)bsd-blax.org | matt(at)rimasec.net
pgp key: 0xACA44F3D ( http://www.bsd-blax.org/matt.asc )