XFce Goodies

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun May 2 23:48:37 CEST 2004

Chuck Mead wrote:

> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
>
>> yeah, berlios has been somewhat useless lately - i've noticed the
>> complaints as well.  if auke doesn't mind re: bandwidth (auke?), i
>> presume we could lazy-mirror (as in, manually mirror when people
>> complain about missing X version of plugin Y) some or all of the
>> xfce-goodies on xfce.org until a more permanant solution is decided.
>
> Uhm... since I own the bandwidth you should prolly ask me... :-)

noted.

> That said... as long as there is more than one mirror to choose from I
> do not mind.

awesome.  i'm going to put them up on
http://xfce.org/~kelnos/mirrors/xfce-goodies/.  no subdirs, just
everything in that directory.  berlios seems to be up for now, so i'll
start putting them up.  i'll attempt to keep up-to-date with new
releases of the various plugins, but i'm bound to miss some.  for plugin
authors, it would be helpful if you could drop me an email
(kelnos at xfce.org) if you release a new version.

i'm only going to keep the latest versions (with the exception of
weather plugin, i'll keep 0.2.0 and 0.3.0 since 0.3.0 seems to cause
crashes for a lot of people, myself included... and i just like 0.2.0
better).  package maintainers: please do not list this as the primary
site.  only list as a fallback if berlios fails.  and, if there are
other mirrors, preferably behind those as well.

[time lapse...]

ok, all done.  enjoy ^_^.  i haven't verified these files, so if you
have a known-good md5sum, it would probably be a good idea to check them
and let me know if there are any discrepancies.  they should be fine,
however.

    -brian