menu editor does nothing?

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Wed May 5 02:51:01 CEST 2004

El mar, 04-05-2004 a las 17:13, Olivier Fourdan escribió:

> BTW, it would be good if everybody could just focus on killing bugs and
> code cleanup instead of adding new features now.

OK. Xffm-icons is targeted for very heavy cleanup. Most icon sets will
be removed since the mime icons module can use icon sets installed by
third party at $datadir/icons as well as the icons at
$datadir/xfce4/icons. This has been functional for some time now, with
xffm_theme_maker to customise the icons found at the $datadir/icons
directory.

To make things simple, xffm-icons will be replaced by the inclusion of
xffm_theme_maker into xfce4-modules (albeit with a different name, like
xfce4-mime-icon_editor). The current "gnome" theme from xffm-icons will
become the default theme within xfce4-modules. And xffm-icons will no
longer be necessary for 4.2.

OTH, the icon business cleanup could wait to 4.4 to give me time to
finish the xffm cleanup I'm currently engaged upon. ;-)

regards,

Edscott