[Xfce4-commits] CVS: xfce4/xfdesktop/src .cvsignore,NONE,1.1

Simon Huggins huggie at earth.li
Thu Mar 25 20:15:46 CET 2004

'ello XFCE4

On Thu, Mar 25, 2004 at 08:09:08PM +0100, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> >ok, so that's 3 votes in favour of removing autogenerated files.
> >benedikt?  olivier?  anyone else?
> Actually, I've seen this with D-BUS, GNU emacs and some other projects who
> don't put generated files in CVS, and it has both advantages and
> disadvantages. It would make developers life easier to some degree. But on
> the other side I know some Xfce CVS users that don't have the required
> autotools installed (most notably debian users, where the provided
> autotools packages have some problems, dunno exactly).

Er, there aren't any problems regenerating these as long as you have all
the m4 and I've not heard of any problems with the autotools packages.

Certainly when I prepared the 4.0.3 packages for Debian and had to
update all the auto generated files with a more recent libtool to get it
working on arm it worked fine once you gave me the depends.m4 from CVS
with XFCE_MCS_PLUGINS in it.

If you've got specific problems then http://www.debian.org/Bugs/

Simon.

--
oOoOo   If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that   oOoOo
 oOoOo                         you tried.                         oOoOo