[Xfce4-commits] CVS: xfce4/xfdesktop/src .cvsignore,NONE,1.1

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Thu Mar 25 20:09:08 CET 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> ok, so that's 3 votes in favour of removing autogenerated files.
> benedikt?  olivier?  anyone else?

Actually, I've seen this with D-BUS, GNU emacs and some other projects who
don't put generated files in CVS, and it has both advantages and
disadvantages. It would make developers life easier to some degree. But on the
other side I know some Xfce CVS users that don't have the required autotools
installed (most notably debian users, where the provided autotools packages
have some problems, dunno exactly). And actually, keeping generated files in
CVS is no problem as long as this is limited to Makefile.in's and configure,
but does not include gtk-doc files, which would be way harder IMHO.

So my vote goes for keeping the autotools generated files in CVS, though
personally I'm not against removing them.

> 	-brian

Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/