xfce-panel api

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Tue Mar 23 12:26:59 CET 2004

Jasper,

>>I'm interested in development of panel applets, but
>>I just couldn't find the referring API... I apreciate
>>any information about that...
>
> There is no official API documentation I'm afraid.

Should I add gtk-doc framework to the panel module?

> The best thing to do is look at the code of other plugins (clock and
> mailcheck are relatively simple). There's also a sample plugin in CVS
> (xfce4/xfce4-sample-plugin), but it is not being maintained very well,
> so it may not work properly anymore.

Heh, indeed. But as far as I know, nothing major changed in the panel API, so
the sample plugin should still work fine. Maybe one should come up with a
better sample plugin, maybe combined with a small tutorial describing the
different steps required to make it work.

regards,
Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/