xfce 4.0.5

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Mar 22 18:03:07 CET 2004

Olivier FOURDAN wrote:
>>What I wanted to say is, that we need a new release to get around those
>>oddities that arised with gtk+ 2.4. Also latest 4_0 should compile well with
>>sun forte cc, once the xffm patch is applied as well.
>
> Please note that I took the decision to reject the patch for xfwm4 because I disagree with the implied changes.
> We are not "forced" to apply the patches, every maintainer is free to accept or reject the patch.
> As a side note, being able to compile using the platform "native" compiler is a plus, but it's not mandatory.

I applied a modified version of the patches for libxfce4util and xfce4-mixer.
Esp. the patch for libxfce4util with the varargs stuff was a good thing, since
before we had only support for gcc style varargs in macros. Now we have
support for ISOC varargs, which is supported by far more compilers.

> Cheers,
> Olivier.

regards,
Benedikt