xfce 4.0.5

Olivier FOURDAN fourdan.olivier at wanadoo.fr
Mon Mar 22 17:58:58 CET 2004

Benny,

> What I wanted to say is, that we need a new release to get around those
> oddities that arised with gtk+ 2.4. Also latest 4_0 should compile well with
> sun forte cc, once the xffm patch is applied as well.

Please note that I took the decision to reject the patch for xfwm4 because I disagree with the implied changes.

We are not "forced" to apply the patches, every maintainer is free to accept or reject the patch.

As a side note, being able to compile using the platform "native" compiler is a plus, but it's not mandatory.

Cheers,
Olivier.