Is there a video player that has the option to stay always on the top ?

Ondrej Mihalyi mihalyi at matfyz.cz
Sat Mar 20 10:13:29 CET 2004

Hi to all,

I also agree, that these things with windows should be more customizable, and I would really like to know the reasoning for "applications should do it themselves".

I really love xfce for its smoothness and for much more, but what I also like is to be able to customize things as much as possible, and thus with xfce should I grab source and add the features I need to the application code and recompile?  I don't see a point in it.  And you really cannot expect that the application behaves exavtly the same way as users want, so why not to add some common features to window manager, which could be used with all applications?

Another suggestion is to have a program, that says what to do with the applications windows and afterwards starts the application. However, I'm not experienced in these things and maybe it's not possible or something like that already exists.

( I'd really appreciate to start some applications minimized, e.g. firestarter, even not shown in the taskbar, e.g. gnubiff --gtk, because using these applications after startup causes a little mess on my desktop)