xfce-exec

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Wed Mar 3 12:28:13 CET 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> the only issue, as benny mentions, is with gmodules...  i suppose the
> only way to find out is to try it ^_~.  i would imagine that, e.g., a
> panel plugin calling xfce_exec() would get the xfce_exec() mapped in the
> memory region of the panel itself (which is linked to libxfcegui4), so
> you wouldn't have a problem if the plugin gets unloaded.  but is this
> true on all platforms?  and if the panel plugin links with libxfcegui4
> on its own, will this create a problem (trivial solution, though,
> obviously).

This is true for atleast all ELF plattforms (and a.out IIRC). And on a second
thought, we already rely on this behaviour, having only one "instance" of the
GType system, that is the process maps all the gtk/glib/libxfcegui4/pango
libraries only once. Therefore I think we are safe to go with g_atexit().

>    -brian

Benedikt

--
NetBSD Operating system:                       http://www.NetBSD.org/