taskbar items without label

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sun Jun 27 17:27:46 CEST 2004

Christian Dysthe wrote:

> On Sun, 27 Jun 2004 09:42:08 -0400, Brian J. Tarricone
> <bjt23 at cornell.edu>  wrote:
>
>> this is pretty cool.  i'd probably use it.  basically a fixed-size
>> iconbox inside the taskbar.  most of the time my taskbar has about
>> 20  terminals, 3 firefox windows and a gaim window, so i usually
>> identify by  icons alone anyway.
>
> This may be a stupid question, especially since I haven't seen this:
> If  you wan't iconbox like task management why not use
> the...ummmm....iconbox?  :) What am I missing?

well, the iconbox has a fixed icon size (a lot larger than i want), and
i can't attach a pager and a systray to it.  good enough? ^_~

actually, if the taskbar were made such that it would grow/shrink
dynamically, you could change its orientation, and tell it to optionally
only display minimised apps, it would _be_ the iconbox.  i think adding
these features and ditching the iconbox entirely would be a good idea.
esp since everyone seems to think the iconbox codebase is so horrendous...

    -brian