iconbox "always on top"

Michael Andrews mandrews at mandrews.org
Sat Jun 26 20:45:39 CEST 2004

On Sat, 2004-06-26 at 13:59, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Yeah, CVS panel is creating a dock type window (when always on top).
>
> This patch could be added for stable, if we agree this is a nice
> feature. What do you think, does it make sense for the iconbox to follow
> the panel's layer? It already does so for size, so it might just make sense.
>
> Even though it would make more sense to have these settings separate
> from the panel, but that is definitely not for the stable branch.
>
> Michael, apart from that, there are a few things I'd like to see different:
> - remove the dependency on the panel, it's not needed

I put it in there to keep the global.h enum's for ABOVE, BELOW, NORMAL
in sync.  Since the panel is evidently changing a lot in CVS, I'll just
duplicate the enum (along with a note to keep it in sync).

> - put the code to change layer in the ls_iconboxwin_set_layer() function

OK.  It adds several new header files though.

> - the above two points mean there's no need to have the new files and
> configure.ac, nor Makefile.am need to be changed.

Yup.  Pass 2 coming up.

Michael Andrews <mandrews at mandrews.org>