Xfce 4.1 alpha release?

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Sat Jun 26 19:28:05 CEST 2004

Eduard Roccatello wrote:

>So what to do?
>Xfdesktop is slow cause it index all .desktop files every time something
>change (i think Brian could explain better than me :-). Is it really an
>useful thing? Why don't we cache the menu on the first run and let
>regenerate it only when there are big changes (or user request)?

write me a caching implementation that doesn't suck and it'll go in
^_~.  actually, i have a couple ideas in this area that i'd like to play
with.  i definitely want it to regen by itself, though.  i really don't
like having to leave it up to the user to do it.  it should be smarter
than that.

i'm tired...  i need a nap....

    -brian