Xfce 4.1 alpha release?

Olivier fourdan at xfce.org
Thu Jun 24 08:13:48 CEST 2004

Benny,

On Wed, 2004-06-23 at 23:42, Benedikt Meurer wrote:
> The problem is that we put a lot of work in multiscreen support and if we now
> decide to release w/ the current mcs-manager it wasn't worth the effort and
> atleast I would not feel comfortable with the 4.2 release. We should really
> not release 4.2 like this. Come on Olivier, its really worth to delay the
> release date for one month. We get a better 4.2 for just one month.

It would be a lot simpler to change the mcs manager so that it manages
all screens and duplicate the values on all screens. When mapping a
setting dialog on demand, mcs manager would simply move the window to
the current screen.

This way, minimal change in applications' code, no API change, no
translation change, etc. I guess I can come up quickly with an
implementation if needed. We could keep a more complex solution for 4.4
(with, why not, D-BUS as a backend?)

Cheers,
Olivier.
--