Xfce 4.1 alpha release?

Olivier fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Jun 22 22:20:44 CEST 2004

Hi all,

Why not making a alpha release of Xfce 4.1?

- Is the API stable enough? I guess so now.
- Is the software stable enough? Well, xfce4-session (session vanishing
under Linux) and xfdesktop (menu causing crashes to GNOME apps) bugs
have been fixed, so I now think it would be safe to release some code.
- The panel seems to be in a fairly stable state.
- So is xfwm4 now, it's just passed all of my smoking tests ;)
- xffm: Hehehe, Edscott, it's state is a bit blured for me ;) Where do
we stand regarding xffm?
- xfce-mcs-manager multiscreen? I've heard of an multiscreen
implementation of the mcs-manager from Benny. I don't know much of it,
but I guess it duplicates the XSETTINGS/MCS channels on every screen.
Benny, any additional info?
- Anything else? Comments/ideas/suggestions welcome.

Cheers,
Olivier.
--
 - Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org - http://www.xfce.org -