Desktop settings bug

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Jun 22 08:08:13 CEST 2004

unfortunately i've been unable to test, as i can't get xfce-mcs-manager
to properly link with gtk 2.2 while gtk 2.4 is present on my system, and
i don't particularly feel like downgrading.  running in a sort of hybrid
lib mode causes xfce-mcs-manager to crash on opening a settings dialog;
not too useful.

looking at the code, i'm pretty baffled as to why this could be
happening.  just a sanity check: make sure you're running the latest
libxfcegui4, xfce-mcs-manager, and xfdesktop.  if you update xfdesktop,
remember that you won't see any changes made to the settings panel
unless you restart xfce-mcs-manager.

the settings panel just uses gtk_dialog_run() on the file chooser, and
then calls gtk_file_selection_get_filename() on it after ok is clicked.
is the file chooser disappearing after you click ok?  if not, that could
be an indication that gtk_dialog_run() isn't returning.  i'd guess that
isn't the case, as gtk_dialog_run() also blocks all other input, so i'd
imagine you would have mentioned that.  (note to self: stop using
gtk_dialog_run().)

can anyone else with gtk 2.2 and current xfdesktop cvs reproduce this?

    -brian