bug in volume manager perhaps?

anto c anto.cvitic at telia.com
Sun Jun 20 19:46:38 CEST 2004

Danny Milosavljevic wrote:

>Hi,
>
>Am Son, den 20.06.2004 um 1:21 Uhr -0500 schrieb anto c:
>

>>I got 108% main volume from my sb live! card, I can do this anytime by
>>pushing just above the maximum on the volume panel plugin. And I cant
>>make it go over 100% in ermixer or alsamixer.
>>Heres a picture whith the "problem".
>>There you see what the volume plugin thing reports when hoovered over, I
>>wanted
>>to set it to 100% but it reports 108%, started ermixer and it too
>>reports 108%.
>>I cant reproduce it every time, its like I have to be extra precise with
>>the mouse to hit it right.
>>Wonder why this odd thing can happen. And only when Í switch the volume
>>with the volume plugin.
>>

>Weird, indeed.... do you use ALSA or OSS ?
>
>If you use alsa, can you post the output of "amixer" ?
>
>Does it only happen when you change the volume using the wheel or when
>clicking on the bar ?
>

>>Just wanted to let you know ;)
>>

>Thanks hehe :)
>
>cheers,
>   Danny

I use alsa.. gentoo, 2.4.26 kernel with grsecurity patches.
It only happens when i click on it, dont have a wheel so i cant try that :)
Hm, cant reproduce it now :|
That happened, and i could do it then, just after i emerged alsadrivers and
played around with it, loading unloading modules and such things.
Now i cant, weird.

cheers,
anto