xfce4-panel crash

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Fri Jun 18 20:52:26 CEST 2004

On Fri, 18 Jun 2004, Don Christensen wrote:

> With the latest xfce4-panel from CVS, I get the following:
>
> % xfce4-panel
>
> (xfce4-panel:24994): GLib-GObject-WARNING **: gobject.c:946: object
> class `GtkSettings' has no property named `gtk-icon-theme-name'
> Segmentation fault

this sounds like a gtk-2.2-related problem.  gtk in 2.2 does _not_ have
gtk-icon-theme-name.  we'll have to propagate the theme name via MCS for
2.2.  or, better, xfce-mcs-manager should check for gtk 2.2 on startup,
and add the property to to the global GtkSettings objects for all
screens on the display.  then the UI plugin will probably need to set
that manually while setting Net/IconThemeName.  i _think_ that should
work.

	-brian