new xfdesktop finished

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Wed Jun 16 17:19:07 CEST 2004

On Wed, 16 Jun 2004, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:

> One question, did you try using the workspace names in the windowlist menu,
> without the numbers appended and for the remove item use
> 'Remove Workspace <name>'?
>
> It's just that I stole francois' idea of naming them I, II, II and IV and that
> becomes a bit silly ;) Maybe I need to think of some other names ...

doh.  there's a use case i didn't think of ^_~.  the numbers are
probably a bit redundant - i suppose if you want a number in the title
you can just put it there yourself.  i have no problem with removing
that.

as for 'Remove Workspace #', that just sticks in the number of the last
workspace; it doesn't try to put the name there (though i suppose it
could/should).

one cool-ish thing it does do - if you haven't set a name for the WS
(i.e., the name is just the number), it will put in "Workspace #"
instead of just the number.  another feature with debatable usefulness,
but i kinda like it... though i don't really feel too strongly about it.

	-brian