xfce4 weather plugin

Olivier fourdan at xfce.org
Wed Jun 16 00:54:15 CEST 2004

On Wed, 2004-06-16 at 00:47, Josh Howard wrote:
> It's solved in that when a new release is sent out, the modules are
> all compiled and tested along with the base product. When you have no
> control over the modules and they are in no way tied to the release,
> they don't get tested and they can stop working.

Yes, and that's exactly why we want the plugins to ship separatly. We
don't want to give CVS access to all plugins developpers, we don't want
to be responsible for every single plugin.

If a given plugin stops working because of an API change (which, again,
did not happen yet), that's no big deal (remember, we are talking about
plugins, this is very different from the core components), the
maintainer of the plugin will make a release later on...

Cheers,
Olivier.
--
 - Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org - http://www.xfce.org -