[xfwm4] Undocked toolbars

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Sat Jun 5 19:12:50 CEST 2004

Hello,

may applications and toolkits have the ability to undock toolbars and/or
menubars. You know: Double click on the double-bar and the toolbar is
not inside the application but outside.

In xfce4 this is problematic because if you have such docked toobar,
each time you close a dialog the toolbar gets the focus and not the main
window.

The same problem (that's the real point, I never use undocked toolbar)
is the stylist (F11) or navigator of OpenOffice.

Other window managers (kwin and metacity of Gnome 2.4) don't have this
problem. So my question is if the behaviour of xfwm4 cannot be changed
to avoid the problem.

It would be a real usability plus in conjunction with OpenOffice for me
and maybe others.

Regards,
Bernhard