Bug in CVS: relocation error

Randy Chung aoshi at OCF.Berkeley.EDU
Sat Jul 31 06:10:25 CEST 2004

How are you modifying your LD_LIBRARY_PATH?  If you're using bash, be
sure you're exporting the variable and not just setting it temporarily, i.e.

do this: export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

not this: LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/usr/local/lib:/usr/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH

The former sets the variable for the session, the latter only sets it
for the command following on the same line.

/usr/lib isn't hardcoded as the default path.  You can find out what
your system's default library search path is by taking a peek at
/etc/ld.so.conf.  Coincidentally, if you want to make a system wide
change, you can simple edit that file instead of setting
LD_LIBRARY_PATH.  The search order is from top to bottom.

--

Randy