Empty xfce-settings.xml

Martti Kuparinen martti.kuparinen at iki.fi
Wed Jul 28 08:22:07 CEST 2004

Hi!

One of my friends had problems starting X (nothing apperas on the
screen and according to him xfce-mcs-manager is dumping core)
and the reason was an empty .xfce4/settings/xfce-settings.xml.

After removing this empty file he was able to run X again.
He's using FreeBSD (5.x?) and xfce-4.0.6 from the FreeBSD ports
collection. He has no idea what emptied that .xml file (the pc
was working normally the day before).

I tested this on my laptop (NetBSD 2.0 and xfce-4.0.6 from pkgsrc) and
the panel started normally but the background was black and the taskbar
was grey (and it did not work at all).

Is this a known bug/problem with version 4.0.6?

Martti