Some thoughts on CVS

Erik Harrison erikharrison at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 19:12:12 CEST 2004

On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 08:02:19 +0200, Jasper Huijsmans <jasper at xfce.org> wrote:
> Erik Harrison wrote:
>
> [lots of good stuff]
>
> Thanks ;-) That was a very nice write-up.
>

> > Also, I'd like to see the taskbar, the panel, and the icon box all
> > implemented as one underlying applet container widget, and have all
> > applets available to all. The new icon's only mode for the taskbar
> > means that the iconbox current implementation could be tossed. This
> > should also allow for multiple instances of the existing panel - I'd
> > like, for example to have a launcher panel and an applet panel for
> > pager, systray, volume control, etc.
> >

> I would really love to see that as well and I hope to be able to do it
> for Xfce 4.4.

Excellent! Good to know I'm not off my rocker. :)

Also, while I'm replying up a storm here, I have a quick printer
managment bug. When setting up the first printer, it's alias name is
always set to "New Printer" and it can't be changed. The second
printer added can be renamed, and removing the first printer and
recreating allows it to be renamed.

-Erik