Olivier's attention required [was: compile problems...]

edscott edscott at prodigy.net.mx
Fri Jul 23 16:00:13 CEST 2004

El vie, 23-07-2004 a las 00:23, Olivier escribió:

> I admit I did not follow the thread, so my point shouldn't be too much
> tainted. On the other hand, I don't have all of the required background
> to give a fully enlightnened opinion on the topic.
>
> Anyway, I think that if the modules are related to the GUI, they should
> go to libxfcegui4. I wouldn't mind seeing the combo module in
> libxfcegui4. The dependency on libdbh should be optional, and the module
> not built if dbh is not present.

Perfect. I will move the combo module to libxfcegui4 and put in a check
(not dependency) for libdbh. The other two modules are not GUI related
so they will remain in xfce4-modules.

> I don't feel too comfortable with the xfheader package.

Moving the combo module to libxfcegui eliminates the need for xfheader
since xfrun has a dependency with libxfcegui4. The directory will be
removed in short.

> > The option I prefer is the one already committed to CVS. Easier to show
> > than tell. People always seem to get angry when I write words at them.
> > I'm sure I got on your nerves, Brian.
>
> Let's keep on the technical ground, improve communication and avoid
> useless flames between us.

My viewpoint as well. I'm sorry that English is not my native tongue and
that I think in Spanish, which sometimes when put in words seems to
anger others. Ni modos.

regards,

Edscott