Olivier's attention required [was: compile problems...]

Olivier fourdan at xfce.org
Fri Jul 23 07:23:46 CEST 2004

Hi Guys

On Fri, 2004-07-23 at 03:52, edscott wrote:
> 1- Separate xfce4-module headers (as shown in CVS)
> 2- Put the module headers back to where they were and add a dependency
> for xfce-utils (that's real easy).
> 3- Put the headers into libxfcegui4 or libxfceutil and keep
> xfce4-modules separate.
> 4- Put both modules and headers into libxfcegui4 or libxfceutil.
> 5- Incorporate the xfce4-modules code directly into one of the two above
> libraries.
> 6- send xfce4-modules and all code that depends on it to Gulag-19.
> 7- none of the above.
> 8- all of the above.

I admit I did not follow the thread, so my point shouldn't be too much
tainted. On the other hand, I don't have all of the required background
to give a fully enlightnened opinion on the topic.

Anyway, I think that if the modules are related to the GUI, they should
go to libxfcegui4. I wouldn't mind seeing the combo module in
libxfcegui4. The dependency on libdbh should be optional, and the module
not built if dbh is not present.

I don't feel too comfortable with the xfheader package.

> The option I prefer is the one already committed to CVS. Easier to show
> than tell. People always seem to get angry when I write words at them.
> I'm sure I got on your nerves, Brian.

Let's keep on the technical ground, improve communication and avoid
useless flames between us.

Cheers,
Olivier.
--