Bug #257... what do we do ?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Wed Jul 21 09:28:42 CEST 2004

On Wed, Jul 21, 2004 at 02:59:21AM -0400, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> ~/.config/xfce4/
> |- xfce4-panel/
> |  |- settings.xml (old xfce4rc)
> |  `- plugins/
> |     |- weather.xml
> |     `- notes.xml

No need for a plugins directory, I think; I'd call the files
notes-plugin.xml and weather-plugin.xml instead. Not a big deal.

[...]
> as for ~/.cache/xfce4/, it should be organised the same way.  the
> session data is already there, the xfdesktop menu cache is already there
> (unfortunately, there's no way of making the xfdesktop cache file and
> the panel plugin cache file go to a different location).  the xffm
> history files and such should go there as well.  comments?

Not sure you need subdirectories here. It's cache not vital data that you may
want to recover or change manually.

> after all the locations are worked out and implemented, i'll work up a
> script to migrate old settings, and xfce4-session can run it and then
> touch ~/.config/xfce4-session/config_migrated or something, and never do
> it again.

And add it to xinitrc in case xfce4-session is not used.

	Jasper