xfmusic [was Re: xfdesktop menu drag and drop?]

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 20 21:04:14 CEST 2004

On Tue, 20 Jul 2004, Olivier wrote:

> On Tue, 2004-07-20 at 20:39, Brian J. Tarricone wrote:
> > hehe, xfmusic is taking up a nice chunk of my time, and i'm relatively
> > happy with the xfdesktop feature set for 4.2, so i'm good.  for now...
> > speaking of xfmusic, what should i do with it, CVS-wise?
>
> Sure, it's safer in CVS. Whether it's part of the base packages or
> additional packages is another story.

which is the question i'm asking...

> Speaking of xfmusic (I know I'll get in trouble bay saying so, but I'll
> try...) why not using libxine and get a full featured multimedia player
> for Xfce?

hehe, because i just wanted a music player, and it sounded like a fun
thing to write from scratch.  i actually tried to write a simple
frontend to libxine once, after ripping the GtkXine widget out of gxine.
didn't work right for some reason, and i gave up on it relatively
quickly.  at any rate, does gxine require the gnome libraries?  last
time i checked, i didn't think so.  i really don't feel the need to
reinvent the wheel in that case...

(note for the curious: my reason for messing with libxine before was
because i wanted a GUI just like xine-ui, only gtk-native and without
all that skinning crap.)

	-brian