Bug #257... what do we do ?

Wade Nelson hollywoodb at fastmail.fm
Thu Jul 15 20:25:02 CEST 2004

Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
> Jean-François Wauthy wrote:
>

> I generally like the ideas presented in the basedir spec (that's where
> this .config/ dir comes from), but I can imagine many people don't:

I'm all for ~/.config/ ... better than having my home dir littered with
hidden directories & files :)

> - nobody else is using it, so it doesn't reduce the clutter in the users
> home dir either (as is the intention of ~/.config)

Openbox3 currently uses ~/.config, but of all the other apps I've used,
ob3 is the only one I've encountered so far.

> I think the session manager does use it, currently. So, IMO, we do need
> to decide what we want, and make sure all our modules use the same
> location.

The session manager does use it, and I think the more people that take
advantage of ~/.config the bigger the push for it to catch on.

--Wade