Bug #257... what do we do ?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Thu Jul 15 20:21:36 CEST 2004

Jean-François Wauthy wrote:
> I was talking with Jasper on #xfce-dev about bug killing and we came to
> the #257 problem ($HOME/.config/xfce4/)... Jasper and I think we really
> need to take a decision about that. If we choose to change the place of
> all the config files to ~/.config/xfce4 (as Freedesktop suggests), i can
> take care of it, i've plenty of time these days :).

I generally like the ideas presented in the basedir spec (that's where
this .config/ dir comes from), but I can imagine many people don't:

- it doesn't buy us anything, no improvement at all

- nobody else is using it, so it doesn't reduce the clutter in the users
home dir either (as is the intention of ~/.config)

I think the session manager does use it, currently. So, IMO, we do need
to decide what we want, and make sure all our modules use the same location.

	Jasper