Building XFCE on Cygwin

Maarten Boekhold boekhold at emirates.net.ae
Tue Jul 13 17:35:52 CEST 2004

Brian J. Tarricone wrote:

> On Tue, 13 Jul 2004, Maarten Boekhold wrote:
>

>>I do have a way, but it involves adding various
>>'__atribute__((__dllexport__))' and '__attribute__((__dllimport__))'
>>statements at various places in the source code, and I'd like to try to
>>avoid that.
>
> don't the macros G_MODULE_EXPORT and G_MODULE_IMPORT essentially expand
> to that on win32?  they can be safely added to the code without any

Ah, I didn't know that there where standard gmodule macros for that.

> -module and -export-dynamic are well known to me (and are onthing new
> for 1.5.6).  i've never heard of AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN - what does it do,
> specifically?

Hmmm...:

    "As of version 1.5.6, libtool provides support for dlopened modules.
However, you should indicate that your package is willing to use such
support, by using the macro `AC_LIBTOOL_DLOPEN' in `configure.in'.  If
this macro is not used (or it is used _after_ `AC_PROG_LIBTOOL'),
libtool will assume no dlopening mechanism is available, and will try
to simulate it."

So, in short I don't know exactly what it does, but using it sounded
like a good idea. It doesn't appear to change anything though :)

>>Caveat: I cannot get the 'plugin.def' file passed to the gcc command
>>line when linking:

> couldn't you do this in the "whatever_LDFLAGS" line in Makefile.am?

No, tried that, and it ignores it...

> looking at the .la file (it's just text), does it actually point to the
> proper .dll file?  it should be the "dlname=" line.  if you want me to

Yup, points to the proper library...

> look at it further, i'd have to see the source of your 'plugintest.exe'
> binary.  the test plugin itself and a makefile would be nice too ^_~.

The whole 'project' is attached to the original post, i.e. my previous
mail. I'd appreciate a second set of eyes...

Maarten