Applications menu foreground color | Middle mouse button usage

Brian J. Tarricone bjt23 at cornell.edu
Tue Jul 6 07:33:09 CEST 2004

On Tue, 6 Jul 2004, LiNuCe wrote:

> Hello,
>
>     I just try the latest XFCE4 CVS version and I noticed that the
> Applications menu has problem with foreground color when used with some
> GTK+ theme engine (Bluecurve, Industrial, GTK+ default, ...) :
[snip]

ah yes... that's an old old bug that i'd forgotten about.  i think i
know how to fix it, but i haven't tried it yet.

>     Oh, and thanks for this applications menu ! And since I'm at it,
> there is something that feels "strange" with it. Why does it pop up with
> right click on the XFDesktop window ? Why not a standard left click
> which is not used by any function ? Or, if you prefer, why not using the
> left click to get the WindowList menu instead of the middle click ?
> IMHO, middle click should be used when the two other ones are used since
> with 2-buttons mouse, it is more difficult to get it. Just my opinion,
> even if I don't have a 2-button mouse :)

the answer to that is simply "because that's just how it is".  at any
rate, when we have desktop icons, it will seem odd to have left click on
the desktop open the apps menu.  i see no compelling reason to change
the layout; if anyone can come up with one, feel free to holler at me.

	-brian