xfce4-session under Solaris

Benedikt Meurer benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de
Mon Jan 26 17:24:02 CET 2004

craig.betts at dfrc.nasa.gov wrote:
> Benedikt:

Hey Craig,

> I have a SparcStation 20 here not doing much but collecting dust.  Would
> you be interested in having it?  I do not know what power requirements you
> have.  I tried putting it on line on my DSL link, but my upload link is
> too slow for an xdm session.  Anyways, I would be happy to give it to you
> if you need it for XFce developement work.  Chris Greenman and I would be
> more than happy to admin the box as well.  Give it a thought, at least!

I would indeed be helpful to have a solaris box to play with. Speaking of
thinks like xfce4-mixer support for the sun audio driver and the system load
plugin being ported to Solaris using kstat, it would be nice to have the
developers have quick access to a solaris box to test pieces of code.

If you could manage to create accounts for us and tell us the hostname of that
box (in private mail of course), it would be a great step forward to better
solaris support in xfce.

regards,
Benedikt

--