Menueditor in xfce ?

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Thu Jan 22 21:00:02 CET 2004

Op do 22-01-2004, om 18:07 schreef Brian J. Tarricone:
> On Thu, 22 Jan 2004, Jasper Huijsmans wrote:
>
> > Actually, on a related note, it would be really nice if someone would
> > volunteer to maintain xfdesktop. I'm afraid I don't have enough time to
> > work on it. For instance, there's a patch for menu icon support, that
> > needs to be reviewed as well.
>
> i know i haven't exactly been around that long, but maintaining
> xfdesktop would be something i'd be interested in doing.  i've already
> done a little work (via my extension of danny's menu icon work) in on
> the codebase, and i feel i'm pretty familiar with it.
>
> if someone else with more xfce experience wants to do this, and you
> prefer someone like that, that's of course perfectly understandable.

Well, there aren't all that many people that have experience with xfce /
xfdesktop code ;-) And I'm not seeing all that many volunteers.

So, I'm willing to give you CVS access (or ask someone to give it to
you, rather :) and we can see how it goes. Of course, I'm not gone, so I
can certainly help out.

Are there other candidates? Objections? Olivier, what do you think?

BTW, beware what you sign up for. xfdesktop is one of the core modules
of xfce and you know what that means: people will complain ;-) to you!
Everyone will have their opinion (myself included).

I'll wait a while for other responses.

Thanks,
	Jasper