[REQUEST] Minimize Windows into Desktop Icons

Paul Kramer gumbygo at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 21:50:39 CET 2004

Dear Xfce developers:

I'm sure people have requested this before, but I wanted to let my
desire be known.  Xfce3 (and CDE) allow me to minimize windows
into desktop icons that can be dragged around and arranged by the
user.  This was a really nice feature.  I recently did an email
survey within my company and found that about 70% of the engineers
here prefer desktop icons vs. using a taskbar.

Currently, there are a lot of companies moving from the Solaris/CDE
world into Linux because of the low cost and high CPU performance.
Please take these users into account (they are a large group).
Is this a feature that the designers would consider re-introducing
into Xfce 4 (or 5)?

Thanks,

Paul Kramer
Circuit Design Engineer