Xfce4-dev Digest, Vol 2, Issue 45

Thomas Leonard tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk
Tue Jan 20 13:22:36 CET 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004 23:26:40 -0600, edscott wilson garcia <edscott at imp.mx>
wrote:
> On Mon, 2004-01-19 at 12:42, Francois Le Clainche wrote:
[...]
> > ".." look like they are editable even if they can not be renamed.
>
> It could be renamed in the treeview display, without affecting
> filesystem, of course. Which would constitute a perfectly useless
> feature... Ideally, stuff like ".." should not be editable. But the only
> way to do that is to have our own cellrenderer with its own callback. I
> looked at the code necessary to have our own cellrenderer (copied from
> cellrenderertext) but at current gtk state that is not possible without
> using deeply private gtk stuff :-(

You can mark rows as editable by creating an extra boolean column in the
model... (see CVS ROX-Filer's Properties box, which lets you edit the
'Link target' field, but not the others).

BTW, what happened to the gmane gateway? The archive stops at the 9th.
I was looking forward to using that, rather than these batched digests...

--
Thomas Leonard			http://rox.sourceforge.net
tal00r at ecs.soton.ac.uk	tal197 at users.sourceforge.net