xffm: In-place renaming

edscott wilson garcia edscott at imp.mx
Sat Jan 17 15:21:11 CET 2004

On Sat, 2004-01-17 at 06:25, Danny Milosavljevic wrote:
> Hi edscott :)
>
> Updated xffm from cvs head and it seems to work well :)
>
> Although I noticed that I can inplace-rename ".." too ? interesting ;)
> (it doesnt do anything though, but weird that it even starts editing...
> not a big deal though)

Yea, the cell renderer that makes inplace-rename possible acts on a
column wide basis. Xffm receives the new text and decides what to do.
Renameable paths are renamed (remote smb renaming not active yet).

> And the way it is now it always goes to inplace-rename mode when I
> launch things (it does launch them too :))
>
> Maybe make it cancel inplace edit when launching...

That would be good, but I don't think it can be done in any easy way.

> Also, I have the habit of clicking on a line (the name column) to
> highlight it, think a bit, and then doubleclick on it. Doesnt work
> anymore since all it does is select text in the now-shown inplace edit
> :))

ditto here. It is a minor annoyance which I'm getting used to as well:
the icon now has a function, besides cosmetics.

> All these things are really minor, and I think I will just change habits
> to click on the icon instead... but wanted you to know either way...

Thanks. I was just thinking about changing owner, group and mode in an
inline fashion as well. It might be impossible...

regards