xfce4-session under Solaris

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Fri Jan 16 23:07:36 CET 2004

Chris,

> The session control box is empty.  No clients.

That means the clients don't register themselves. If the panel is not
registered, it doesn't even ask for the session termination, thus the
behaviour you describe.

The problem may come from either the code that is supposed to connect to
the session manager, or from the session manager itself.

To be able to determine this, the best would be to try with an
application that is actually known to be session aware.

Most CDE apps are, AFAIR, so are all KDE and GNOME apps. You may want to
try to fire up one of these, and look at the session registered apps. If
it is still empty, then there is a good chance the problem is from the
session manager.

Cheers,
Olivier.

Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org

   Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
   http://www.xfce.org