xfce4-session under Solaris

Chris Greenman sol-pkgs at ckgreenman.net
Fri Jan 16 22:57:40 CET 2004

Ok  Got the latest cvs version compiled and installed and have the same
symptoms.  When you try to log out, xfce4-panel dies and nothing else.
Desktop is still fully usable.  I can even right click, run program and
fireup another xfce4-panel.

See my resonses below for extra info.

Chris

On Fri, 16 Jan 2004 00:01:07 +0100
Benedikt Meurer <benedikt.meurer at unix-ag.uni-siegen.de> wrote:

xfce4-session version = 0.2.0

> Right click on the system tray icon of xfce4-session and select
> "Session Control". You will be presented with a list of clients that
> are currently connected to the session manager.

The session control box is empty.  No clients.

> What ever file the messages generated by your X session are logged to.
> I don't remember where Solaris sends this to by default.

$HOME/.dt/sessionslogs/<hostname>_DISPLAY=<display>

Contents of the file:

-- Session log created Fri Jan 16 13:45:11 PST 2004
XFCE Desktop Login
using xinitrc file: /etc/dt/config/Xinitrc.XFce
/etc/dt/config/Xinitrc.XFce[17]: test: argument expected

** (xfce4-session:23982): WARNING **: Unable to open session file
/home/greenman
/.xfce4/sessions/xfsm-olympus for reading: No such file or directory
/opt/sfw/etc/xfce4/default.session: smproxy: not found
** Message: Cannot connect to session manager
** Message: xfdesktop: running without session manager
** Message: xfce4-iconbox: Running without session manager
** Message: xfce4-panel: Running without session manager
** Message: xfce4-panel: module systray successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: module eyes successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-iconbox: Using default position
** Message: xfce4-panel: module tl successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: module clock successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: module mailcheck successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: module switcher successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: module systembuttons successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: module pager successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: module separator successfully loaded
** Message: xfce4-panel: Exit