xfce4-session issues

Olivier Fourdan fourdan at xfce.org
Tue Jan 13 22:25:47 CET 2004

Hi Benny,

There are a couple of issues I wanted to report about xfce4-session, but
I kept forgetting... Anyway.

Issue #1)

Once I rapidly double-clicked the "quit" button, xfce4-session grayed
out the screen and enter some kine a deadlock. The only issue I had was
to kill X. This did not happen for a while, so I don't know if you fixed
it.

Issue #2)

This is one is 100% reproducible and leads to a session crash.

I often run brute force tests against xfwm4 to check its behaviour under
high load.

I run a script that open up a terminal, and then close it right away, in
a loop. As a result, the terminals open and close very quickly. This
leads to a session crash after a few minutes.

$ cat ./dumb.sh
#!/bin/sh
sleep 1
exit

$ while `/bin/true`; do xterm -e ./dumb.sh & done

Olivier Fourdan - fourdan at xfce.org

   Interoperability is the keyword, uniformity is a dead end.
   http://www.xfce.org