XFCalendar: Transient window

Bernhard Walle Bernhard.Walle at gmx.de
Fri Jan 9 18:02:46 CET 2004

Hello,

I just tired out xfcalendar. What I really don't like is popping-up
dialogs that are not centered but placed somewhere on the screen.

I looked in the sourcecode and the reason is that
gtk_window_set_transient_for() calls are missing. According to the
documentation:

,----
| Dialog windows should be set transient for the main application window
| they were spawned from. This allows window managers to e.g. keep the
| dialog on top of the main window, or center the dialog over the main
| window. gtk_dialog_new_with_buttons() and other convenience functions in
| GTK+ will sometimes call gtk_window_set_transient_for() on your behalf.
`----

I don't write a patch since it is Glade generated source code. Can you
change this in the next release, though. In my opinion, missing
gtk_window_set_transient_for() calls are a bug. You can also use the
other "constructor" that has a parent parameter.

Regards,
Bernhard