issues with x86_64 port

Chuck Mead csm at lunar-linux.org
Thu Jan 8 23:06:09 CET 2004

I have an issue when building a number of the packages. I get errors
which say that the linker cannot find a dynamic lib it wants or it is
the wrong type. To wit:

*** Warning: linker path does not have real file for library -lxfcegui4.
*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have a
*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have
*** because I did check the linker path looking for a file starting
*** with libxfcegui4 and none of the candidates passed a file format test
*** using a file magic. Last file checked: /usr/X11R6/lib64/libXext.so.6.4

/usr/lib64/libxfcegui4.so.1.0.6:         ELF 64-bit LSB shared object,
AMD x86-64, version 1 (SYSV), not stripped

[root at stealth root]# strings /etc/ld.so.cache |grep xfce
libxfce4util.so.1
/usr/lib64/libxfce4util.so.1
libxfce4util.so
/usr/lib64/libxfce4util.so
libxfce4mcs-manager.so.1
/usr/lib64/libxfce4mcs-manager.so.1
libxfce4mcs-manager.so
/usr/lib64/libxfce4mcs-manager.so
libxfce4mcs-client.so.1
/usr/lib64/libxfce4mcs-client.so.1
libxfce4mcs-client.so
/usr/lib64/libxfce4mcs-client.so
libxfcegui4.so.1
/usr/lib64/libxfcegui4.so.1
libxfcegui4.so
/usr/lib64/libxfcegui4.so

This occurs when trying to build the mixer.

Any ideas?

--
csm
Lunar Project Leader