xfce4-modules / xfce dependencies

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at moongroup.com
Mon Jan 5 12:05:15 CET 2004

Hey edscott,

Is there any reason the xfce4-modules cannot be part of libxfce4util
and/or libxfcegui4 ?

The only thing I can see is the dependency on libdbh. Olivier, how do
you feel about adding a libdbh dependency to the libraries?

I think, with both xffm and xfcalendar depending on it, it isn't so bad
to let xfce as a whole depend on it. In fact, I can even imagine it
becoming part of libxfce4util, but that's another story.

The reason I'm asking this, is that I like to keep the number of
packages low. For instance, I wouldn't mind to have an xfce4-libs
package that aggregates all our libraries. The main reason to not do
this is to allow separate releases, but I don't really think we will
have many of those. I do think limiting the number of packages for xfce
core modules helps packagers and makes it easier for users to install
xfce.

Flame away ;-)

	Jasper

PS
For me personally it doesn't matter much, but I just thought I would
bring it up for the greater good ;)