[Request] Possibility to set the Icon attached to the application...

purslow at sympatico.ca purslow at sympatico.ca
Mon Jan 5 04:00:14 CET 2004

040102 Eddahbi Karim wrote:
> Some applications haven't any icon by default, like xterms, gpdf ...
> so Xfce 4.x attached a default icon to this application
> seems to represent 2 orange and white boxes and a smaller red cube.
> I would like to change the icon attached to these applications via Xfce.
> & to extend this feature to applications which have a default icon
> Mozilla, Firebird, GAIM, X-Chat ...

this has been asked for before & i too wd like to see it happen,
but it was pooh-poohed on the ground that the applic'ns themselves shd do it.
my answer to that is that it's quite unrealistic to expect XFCE users
to go round chivvying a horde of applic'n developers to add icons.
there didn't seem to be a big problem from the programming end:
can someone take another look at this request ?

SUPPORT     ___________//___,  Philip Webb : purslow at chass.utoronto.ca