new backdrop settings dialog

Jasper Huijsmans jasper at xfce.org
Sun Feb 15 17:00:49 CET 2004

Op za 14-02-2004, om 22:41 schreef Brian J. Tarricone:

> now, i have a problem with the dialog i came up with, that i'm not sure
> how to solve.  if there is an image selected for the backdrop, but it
> doesn't fill the entire screen, then the currently selected color should
> fill the empty areas.  but with this model, there's no way to pick
> whether it's the solid color or the gradient that does the "backup fill"
> (not without adding another UI element, anyway, which i'm not thrilled
> with).

A single background color should be fine, IMO.

 <Image>
 File : [ ..... ] <Browse ...>
 Background color: <color>

I like the idea of using an option menu for the different background
styles. Possible tweaks (not necessarily better, just different):

* one 'Color' option + additional option menu

  <Color>
  <solid | vertical | horizontal> <color1> <color2>

* Image list + random option

  <Image list>
  [x] Random image
  Interval : <<10>> min

* List editor integrated with the dialog (like the GNOME dialog)?

	Jasper